Thursday, August 05, 2010

More Humidity

Very humid day... during my summer job, it sapped my strength, and I struggled to keep from nodding off while the kids I'm mentoring Photoshopped pictures they had taken. I knew a nap was in order as soon as I got home. It coincided with thunderstorms from an approaching cold front, making it tranquil and easy to fall asleep.

I awoke no later than I wanted to, and while still very groggy I headed out. It had stopped raining, but with the sun now out the humidity was even worse. 92% to be exact. Granted, it was only in the mid-70s, but it sure felt worse.

Just wasn't very energetic today because of those factors. Still managed the pace I had intended, but the thick air made it tough. I couldn't keep my sunglasses from fogging up and my shorts were soaked after a few miles.

Enough whining about the weather though. The cooler, dryer air following the front will be in place by tomorrow. Forecast looks great for the weekend and into next week. Most excellent.

Ran 10.5 miles @ 7:53/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 70s, extremely humid.
Saucony Kinvara, shorts, hand-held water bottle (diluted lemonade)

1 comment:

Damon said...

I did that on Tuesday night, but never got out of bed - just slept for 11.5 hours instead.