Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Short Progression Run

Decided for a bit of a change of scenery today, so instead of running when I got home from my summer gig, I ran right from the school when I was done. Ran my five mile loop that goes through Sanford and Springvale.

Intent was to run today and all this week at an easy pace to insure proper recovery from Saturday's Pemi Loop run. Just some minor soreness in the quads, but nothing bad at all.

Splits ended up being 8:14, 8:00, 7:49, 7:18, 6:27. The speed increase came easily, but will try to be more disciplined with the pace at least until the end of the week. Slower is probably better for the next few days.

Ran 5.0 miles @ 7:35/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 80s, partly cloudy.
Saucony Kinvara, shorts, singlet.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Not liking those upper 80's at all as it makes running tough! Impressed w/ your 5 miles as my body shuts down after 3 with temps anything over 80 or so. Fall can't come soon enough for me.