Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer Vacation

The last day of school was today, so I'm off for the next two and a half months. This school year was a great one and I had a lot of really terrific students. But time to enjoy some time off. Came home today, took a nap, went running. Yessir, life is good.

Run itself went well. Just a short jaunt on the powerline loop near my house. First run in what seems like a while where I haven't seen deer.

Western States preps continue. It's amazing the mind games I'm playing with myself as the result of nervousness/anxiousness. I'll elaborate more on everything in the next few days. It's all good though.

Happy running!

Ran 4.7 miles @ 8:57/mile pace.
Trails, dirt roads.
Very hilly.
Upper 60s, partly cloudy.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

4 comments:

Love2Run said...

Hey Jamie,
I'm feeling really excited for you. It will be great fun watching your journey in the next little while and I know you will do well and have fun. Take care out there!

Runner NYC said...

School's out for summer!! Yay!!

Good luck at Western States!!

mindy said...

Yay summer vacation!!

Sarah said...

Hard to believe WSER is almost here! Good luck getting through the taper. You'll do great!