Sunday, June 01, 2008

Local Trail Run in Injinjis

Felt very lazy this morning, but finally managed to convince myself to get out for a trail run. Once out, the lethargy vanished and I had to convince myself to slow down. Yesterday's pace on trails that were pretty darn technical was a good, hard workout. I didn't want to repeat that today in the stage of training that I'm currently in (today's pace was faster, but the trails are also smoother). Hay is pretty much in the barn at this point, no need doing anything stupid.

I also had a chance to try out Injinji socks for the first time. It seems like everybody I run with has tried them but me. James' father sent me a pair as a thanks for pacing his son at Massanutten a few weeks ago, which wasn't necessary, but of course was appreciated and a very nice gesture. I really liked the socks. They're supposed to help prevent blisters, and given how comfortable they felt, I'll be using them at Western States later this month (holy crap, I can say "this month" now).

Ran 7.4 miles @ 9:16/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - N/A (didn't feel like wearing the strap)
Trails.
Very hilly.
Upper 70s, partly cloudy turning mostly cloudy.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next you will have to try Vibram FiveFingers. Socks are optional!

Jamie Anderson said...

Ummmmmmm, no.

UltraFlash said...

Love Injinji! Good choice. Wear socks. Wash daily.