Tuesday, June 10, 2008

¡Hace Calor!

Had a great run in the heat today. Temps were in the lower 90s and the humidity around 65%. I really wanted to take advantage of this heat wave since the canyons at Western States can get up in the triple digits. While these shorter runs in the heat during my taper period will not have much of an impact, it does feel good to get out there and build a little confidence.

I like to think I'm at somewhat of an advantage since I grew up in Florida and playing outside in conditions like this and worse were normal and we never thought twice about it. Obviously a different ballgame altogether during a 100-miler, and I'd be a moron to think otherwise. But still, there is good reason to hope, and today's little trail run felt really good. Sure it was hot, but I was rather enjoying myself out there.

Ran 5.5 miles @ 9:03/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - N/A (once again didn't feel like wearing the strap)
Trails, dirt roads.
Very hilly.
Lower 90s, humid, sunny.
Shorts.

1 comment:

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

"...but I was rather enjoying myself out there."

And that is what it is all about. Well, that and a big ass belt buckle. The excitement is growing!