Thursday, June 12, 2008

Attack Thwarted

With a day off from running yesterday combined with decreased mileage during the taper, legs felt very fresh today. But yesterday wasn't a total day off, as I went kayaking in Casco Bay with Heather. We encountered several harbor seals at one point, and two followed us for a while.

It didn't occur me until later that this was likely an attack attempt ordered by Andrew in retaliation for me trying to convince the Puffin Army to attack him during his early morning runs. However, my plan was thwarted after I foolishly and accidentally tipped Andrew off. Worth noting that the Puffin Army has made it clear that they see me as an incompetent fool, and told me to take any future mercenary offers I might have elsewhere.

As for the run, it went well. Explored a new-to-me trail in the woods behind my house that ended up being a nice loop just a few clicks under four miles.

Ran 3.8 miles @ 9:14/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - N/A
Trails, fire roads.
Very hilly.
Mid 70s, sunny.
Shorts, short sleeved shirt.

2 comments:

mindy said...

Don't mess with the Puffin Army, man. What a great day yesterday for a kayak. Good to hear the taper isn't driving you crazy yet!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

ahhhhh 14 days Jamie -- Woot Woot, hey whats up with your Profile pic, I thought it was David Goggins --lol YOU are LOOKING like a friggin machine ready to KICK some WS Trails!!!

Bro so fired up for you, represent the Eastcoast Homie...your going to have a lot of us rooting for ya.

Ok I will be repeating the above statement a few more times within the next 14 days but now all I have to do is COPY & Paste the comment--LOL

Taper ON My friend and Enjoy the Visualize Time, ur so ready !!!