Saturday, July 28, 2007

Up and Running

Ran 4.6 miles @ 8:03/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 150/163
Paved roads.
Mostly flat.
Mid 70s, humid.

My first post-Vermont 100 run was a good one. Just an easy jaunt on the roads at an easy pace. Felt great to be out there again and my legs have recovered quickly. I'd say they even recovered faster than the 50-miler I did last September.

The past week has been a whirlwind of events, notably a nasty stomach virus I contracted along with at least 10 other runners after the race. It lasted until around Tuesday, and thankfully I was well enough to give a presentation for grad school. Then I had a literacy conference to attend for work and got back yesterday. Good time to have a recovery week.

Next two weeks will all be easy runs, and I'll play the length by ear but the pace will always be relatively slow. Then it's time to regroup and start focusing on the MDI Marathon for mid-October. After that, more ultras. Woohoo!

1 comment:

Love2Run said...

Bummer about the stomach virus but glad to see you out and about. Take your time getting back and stay healthy!