Saturday, July 07, 2007

A Fine Morning at Pineland Farms

Ran 9.1 miles @ 9:02/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 142/162
Trails.
Extremely hilly.
Upper 50s to lower 60s, partly cloudy.

Woke up early again to meet Steve (another Vermont 100 runner) at Pineland Farms at 6am to get in a run. Steve is great company and will be part of the pretty sizable Maine entourage we have going to the race in two weeks. He had been there about an hour before I got there and swept by the parking lot to meet up. We headed off enjoying the great weather and scenery while clocking in the miles at an easy pace. Extremely hilly area with constant ups and downs, many of them steep.

Felt very strong through most of the run, though the legs were a bit tired in the last half mile from the workout yesterday evening, but that's to be expected. I continue to be very happy with the shape I'm in for the race, all things considered. It'll be a great time for sure.

On another note, wanted to share this clip that I first saw on Bob Gentile's blog. Great stuff.





Happy running!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's in two weeks- The time has gone by so quickly! You are going to rock all 100 of those miles.

RunSueRun said...

Hey Buddy! Best wishes for your first 100 miler -- you'll do great!! Just wish I could be there to help ya out. :)

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Very Nice run & Pace...

Thanks for sharing that video, it does rock... I converted it to an MP3 and it's now on my IPOD and let me tell you, you have NO Choice but to kick it in a little bit more when you have that Coach screaming in your ears--LOL

(I did update my post with a FREE COnverter software If you want to convert it and add it to ur MP3 player)

GIVE UR BEST :-)

Phil said...

Great run! Thanks for sharing the video. I would have liked it more if the music was edited out (felt a little manipulated) but others a nice film.