Monday, July 09, 2007

Uneventful Four

Ran 4.6 miles @ 7:53/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 147/162
Paved roads.
Mostly flat.
Lower 60s, muggy and overcast.


Today was a wake and run day as I have a busy day ahead of me. Such situations usually result in slow times, as I have to get in several miles before I feel alive. Today called for a short run and as a result I never quite came to life but fortunately today called for low miles at a slow pace. This is not to say this morning's run was not pleasurable. Far from it. The very nice side about running first thing in the morning is you enjoy that post-run feeling/runner's high/whatever to start the day, even if the run is short one.

Worth noting that the morning was made a little tougher because I'm also weaning myself off of coffee just a little bit. Would like the effects of caffeine to be maximized for the Vermont 100. Down to two smallish cups a day now. Before I was at three to four good sized mugs worth.

4 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

hmmm so that is the reason to lower the coffee intake SO when u get some caffeine during VT100 it works better with less....

ahhhh learning something new daily, I like that idea...I am about the same as u are 3 to 4 cups. I have been actually feeling like it's been giving me toooo much of a high then I crash, I may wean down to 2 small cups... OK DECISION has been made--TWO small Cups..thanks

and I can't wait till the day I get an uneventful 7 min ISH pace, Good job!

Olga said...

Don't forget you are tapering:)

Phil said...

I've never heard of a caffeine. But if it works for you, go for it.

Best of luck on your taper.

Love2Run said...

Take it easy on the taper. It seems like you're planning for all the possibilities and the body is in tip-top shape. Love your coffee addict pic (looks like me).