Friday, July 06, 2007

Tempo Run on the Hills

Ran 9.7 miles @ 7:09/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 158/177
Paved roads.
Extremely hilly.
Mid 60s, muggy.



Set out from my house on a variation of a run that I normally do that sacrificed 4/10 of a mile for more hills. Gradually picked up the speed on the first hill, where I saw a deer (a recurring theme in my runs lately) as well as a hawk. Route then goes down then up, followed by a steep downhill where I picked up the speed again.

Mile splits:
1 - 7:50
2 - 7:30
3 - 7:19
4 - 7:12
5 - 7:04
6 - 6:58
7 - 7:09
8 - 7:08
9 - 6:45
9.7 - 6:22/mile

Good run. Felt very strong throughout. Great to get in these tempo runs on hills for the Vermont 100. Just two weeks away! Can't wait.

5 comments:

Devon said...

you never cease to amaze and impress me. I can't wait to hear all about Vermont 100!! So exciting, I will be thinking about you in two weeks while I am running my 50 :)

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

What great times Jamie, Best wishes at Vermont 100...You look ready to Kick Butt!!!

Give it YOUR very Best:-) I will be back to check out ur race report!

Olga said...

Good effort. At first I was about to say the profile looks like my Marquam trail, but the picture is condensed, and I had to look up the numbers. Well, no wonder I couldn't even dream that pace! I gain 700 feet in 2.2 miles clean, plus rolls inside:) But still, that's smokin'!

Phil said...

You'd hardly know that you had a hill in site. Fantastic run.

Cristi said...

Best of luck on the big race!