Thursday, July 19, 2007

Final Pre-Race Run

Ran 2.9 miles @ 9:22/mile pace.
AHR-MHR - N/A (didn't feel like wearing strap)
Paved and dirt roads.
Mostly flat.
Lower 60s, steady rain.

Thankfully the steady rainfall during today's run isn't supposed to be the case for the Vermont 100 on Saturday. Upper 70s, dry air and sunshine are expected. Excellent.

No bears during today's run. My father and I did a super easy pace which will still by far exceed what I hope to do run this weekend. Words can't express my excitement and nervousness. But it's a good nervous. Not fear, more anxious anticipation. It will be a great time doing what I love doing in grand fashion while being surrounded by friends and family. What more could one want?

Best of luck to my friends Sue and Devon who are running the Tahoe Rim Trail Ultra this weekend out west (100 and 50 miles respectively).

Happy running.

4 comments:

Runner NYC said...

Happy running to you!! I hope Saturday is beautiful and that the run goes well!! I'm so impressed with all you've accomplished since your surgery!!!

Blaine Moore said...

Good luck, again! I hope everything clicks into place tomorrow.

Love2Run said...

Go Jamie! We'll be thinking about you from our warm cosy beds. Good luck and watch out for those bears.

Runner NYC said...

Good luck tomorrow, Jamie!!