Friday, July 13, 2007

10 on the Hills

Ran 10.1 miles @ 7:46/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 159/174
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Lower 80s, partly cloudy.



Waited until it got warmer out to begin the run to get better used to running in the heat. Good run and felt strong throughout. I went a bit faster than I had planned, but no big deal. Runs from here until the race will be nice and slow, so it was good to get in what is likely my last somewhat up-tempo run.

Special thanks to my neighbor and good friend Kate for the aerodynamic haircut that kept me cool and provided a lot less wind resistance.

Also, for those who may not know, the Hardrock 100 race started this morning and you can track the runners' progress online. A lot of fun to follow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad the haircut worked out well :) It was a lot warmer than I thought it was out. By the time I got to PT on my bike I felt like I had already done a workout!