Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tuesdays Mean Twin Brooks

Ran 5.5 miles @ 8:08/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 147/168
Trails.
Extremely Hilly.
Lower 60s, cloudy.



Met up with the Trail Monsters at Twin Brooks. We had a good showing this evening, with 13 runners in all. Went out at a pretty easy pace. Trails were much more muddy this week, making it all the more fun. I cut the run a mile or two short from the others as not to push myself too much and I also twisted my ankle at one point later in the run. Nothing bad, but it feels a little sore. It's fine though.

Tapering continues to go well over all. Leg muscles are already getting fresher and it feels like they're raring to go. 11 days and counting. Tic toc, tic toc, tic toc....

2 comments:

Phil said...

You are tapering well. You didn't peak too early and your going to do great next week.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

11 days and counting. Tic toc, tic toc,

Tic toc, tic toc, tic toc....

You Are ready!! But ADD this to ur MP3 just in case U Need that KICK in the ASS--lol

Give it Your Very BEST Last Night I did my Tire pull for 1:45mins and I played this sucker like 10 times in a row--ya i have issues but umm that's why I got involved in this Ultra stuff--haha

Rock On!!