Sunday, May 20, 2007

Turkey Trot in May

Ran 4.6 miles @ 7:47/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 155/167
Paved roads.
Mostly flat.
50 degrees, overcast.

As I was getting ready to head out for my run, I spotted this hen pecking at the fallen seeds from the birdfeeder in my backyard:

It was an omen of sorts, as I saw another turkey doing the same thing in someone else's yard a few miles down the road. Perhaps they feel safer in the yards since we're in the middle of the spring turkey hunting season.

The run itself was a good one. Goal was a recovery run from yesterday to bank in some miles while I'm ramping back up to where I want to be.

3 comments:

MB said...

that's a cool photo

saw a couple hens myself recently in other people's yards, wasn't until last week when we were over in the Reservation that I realized it was turkey season

you're running seems to be coming along, any cross-training to supplement?

Jamie Anderson said...

Does fly fishing count? Actually, I need a new air pump for the road bike, as that is usually a good source of my X-training.

Runner NYC said...

That is so cool! There's supposed to be a wild turkey or two in Inwood Hill Park (where I run in my neighborhood), but I've yet to see or hear one. Glad to see you're on the run again and doing well!