Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Building Up in the Heat

Ran 2.7 miles @ 8:27/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 161/179
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Lower-mid 80s, sunny.

Scorching hot day today! At least the humidity is low. Still, the effects of the heat were apparent. I'm wondering just how much of my HR was elevated above pre-injury levels because of the heat vs. lack of training during when I was hurt. It felt tough out there, but also really good. The knee felt even better than last time. Great news, especially since this run was all on roads and I picked up the pace a little (but it's still slow for me).

A good friend of mine, Sue Johnston, has also put a blog recently and please check it out. She's an accomplished ultramarathoner and I've had the pleasure of doing a number of trail runs and long hikes with her when she lived over here in New England. A lot of fun to hang out with and she is definitely missed now that she's out in Cali.

1 comment:

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Great to see you getting back to running. Yeah, the heat was unbearable this afternoon. Time for morning running again.