Sunday, May 06, 2007

Woohoo!

Ran 2.5 miles @ 9:22/mile pace
AHR/MHR - 149/174
Mostly trails, some roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 40s, sunny.

I decided to give the knee another go this morning, as it's been feeling fine the past several days. Thankfully, it passed the test. The pain and discomfort that I experienced in my run last Tuesday was all but gone, just a slight discomfort that actually dissipated as the run went along. Good sign for sure.

The run was a fun one also. I did a 1.25 mile loop from my house that is mostly trails. I saw a decapitated mole on the trail, and mused it was either dropped by an owl or Ozzy Osbourne was nearby. I also saw some owl pellets, and figured it was likely from the former. Also stopped by a pond I fish at to check on the progress of the new den a beaver has been building. He's really made big progress since I saw it last week.

Plan is to run every other day nice and slow for the next week, and keep the mileage down. I'll pull the plug at the first sign of any problems. If all goes well, I plan on trying a couple back-to-back days next week and see how that feels.

3 comments:

MB said...

This all sounds promising and on the right track to recovery. Easy does it and you'll soon find yourself toeing the race line once again.

Inuries are kind of like kids, they demand your patience.

Andrew said...

This all sounds very good!

Olga said...

Awesome, Jamie!!!