Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Hills

Ran 7.1 miles @ 8:15/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 157/176
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Lower 70s, sunny.

Today's route was on a hill infested one that begins and ends at the school I teach at. I was joined by two co-workers who are newer to running for the first and hilliest leg of the route, which follows a grueling climb for the first 2.6 miles that gets progressively steeper as it goes along. One of them had never run it before, and he did a great job getting to the top at a very respectable pace. At the top of the hill, we parted ways, with them going back and me going on to do the loop I usually do.

Unfortunately, my GPS had trouble getting a lock, so I don't have my splits to look at. However, I think I went around 7:10/mile for the last two miles (which are also the flattest). I was happy with that, especially after the hills. Good day.

3 comments:

Olga said...

Yo have one awesome recovery!

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Lookin' good!

Rose said...

Wow, great runs! Maybe we all need some knee surgery :)