Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Crappy Three

Ran 3.0 miles @ 8:05/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 151/164
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 60s, sunny.

Today was just one of those bah days. Started out feeling not so strong, and it never got better so I cut my run short. Oh well, not a big deal. Days like this are inevitable, especially when trying to come back. I've also developed a pretty bad shin splint on the right leg that started flaring up in the last mile. I'll probably take a rest day tomorrow. It's important to listen to the body, so that's what I'm going to do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a crappy run today too. Perhaps there is something in the air here in East Waterboro. I'm glad you got out the other day though. Sounds like you had a great run then with some good mileage.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie, I can loan you my two extremely tight calf muscles. Getting better with each passing day, but not sure I will be running very far until the end of the week.

Runner NYC said...

They won't all be good runs. The main thing is to keep getting out there and keep taking yourself back home when things don't feel right.

RunSueRun said...

Hey Jamie!

Now I don't feel so bad: I ran only 4 miles today. Heehee! How ya doin' bud?