Saturday, May 12, 2007

Progression and Progress

Ran 5.6 miles @ 7:36/mile pace
AHR/MHR - 163/182
Paved and dirt roads.
Very hilly.
Lower-mid 50s, sunny.

Nice morning for a run with perfect temps and the humidity not as bad as it was during a few days earlier this week. This is the first time doing one of my hilly routes since the surgery. Expected to hit around an 8:00/mile pace overall, and was happy to exceed that without any discomfort or pain in my knee. I could just enjoy my run comfortably, and that makes me very happy.

First three miles are uphill. Was still able to hit a good progression up that stretch and really pick up the pace on the subsequent downhills.

Mile 1 8:08
Mile 2 8:00
Mile 3 7:33
Mile 4 7:32
Mile 5 7:12
Last .6 6:48

While faster than I expected, it still took some work. The rust is coming off though. Woohoo!

2 comments:

Olga said...

Wow, your recovery is really fast, knock on wood! My friend had quite some problems, so I hope your progress continues to kick in nicely!

Olga said...

Oh, I just went to forum - I saw our girl is anxious again. There was more talk on Runner's world forum too. What pitty.
I linked the Forum to my side bar - this will ensure I visit it more often:)