Saturday, May 19, 2007

Missing the Firey Orb in the Sky

Ran 10.1 miles @ 7:52/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 162/173
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Upper 40s, overcast.

The rain has let up for now, but the dark, overcast skies remain. We have not seen the sun since Tuesday, and without the warm sun to invite one outside, motivation can be difficult. I never thought of scrapping today's run, but another cup of coffee and another several minutes of Sportscenter were enticing enough to delay the workout until mid-morning.

Once out the door, I of course enjoyed it. And today, I had a longer run to look forward to. I hadn't done this particular route since B.I. (before injury), and the sweet and steady incline for the first 4.2 miles was a welcome challenge. I enjoyed the subsequent gradual downhill by keeping the same pace and just moving along, letting my wander to think about anything, everything and nothing. Most of the time, it was all three at once.

Good day. Now, time for another cup of coffee.

No comments: