Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Lowering the Bar

Late post, as this is a heckuva crazy week. But yesterday, I ran one mile. Yep, that's it. Just one mile. Did part of the warm-up with one of our cross country runners and my legs felt like they had cement running through their veins so I called it good.

The problem is likely my legs not being used to this much mileage yet, and that's not saying much given I've managed a little under 20 miles in four days... In a few months, that won't be the case, but for now I have to keep in my mind that I can't hold myself to normal training cycle standards yet. I might also be down a bit on iron, so I had a kick arse steak for dinner last night.

No run today. Big, all day field trip up to UMO and NESCOM... all part of the myriad of work/coaching tasks that will end on Saturday evening. Looking forward to exhaling then.

Ran 1.0 mile @ 8:47/mile pace.
Paved road.
Very hilly.
Lower 70s, sunny.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: