Friday, October 04, 2013

I Needed That

Past two days off. I needed to absorb the runs prior to that and having accomplished that, I was raring to go today and gave myself a good test.

The route was 10+ miles over some pretty brutal hills. Given the lack of mileage lately, it was a bit of work, but it still felt relatively great. Yeeeeesssssss. I really needed this run mentally, and it's also a good step in the right direction physically.

Tomorrow, I'm heading to Belfast for a big cross country meet. 1700 runners from the U.S. and Canada. The other coach can't make it so I'll be taking our team of 50+ runners myself. It will be a bit hectic and I may have to wait until Sunday to run again, but that's okay. Just happy about today.

Ran 10.7 miles @ 7:56/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Extremely hilly.
Upper 60s, partly sunny.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, short sleeved shirt.


No comments: