Saturday, October 12, 2013

River Run

Fifteen at an easy pace on tap. Went well. Longest run in quite some time so I knew it would be a little tougher than usual. Very good progress continues to be made though. As a result, my mindset has morphed from a frustration-laced I used to able to ____ and this sucks because now I can't to a more positive and reasonable cool, another good stepping stone, I'll be there soon. 

Had the rough goal of getting over 40 miles this week but will likely fall a bit short with the trip to Boston tomorrow. However, if I can't run tomorrow, I have 37.1 miles for the week, with some faster workouts in there as well. Also, consider my mileage the past handful of weeks, listed by ending date:

10/13: 37.1
10/6: 22.5
9/29: 21.3
9/22: 3.5

Considering the goal is to ease into the 60-80/mile week range by Christmas, I'm on a good track and that makes me happy.

Ran 15.3 miles @ 8:27/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Lower to mid 50s, overcast.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, long sleeved shirt.

No comments: