Saturday, October 19, 2013

Point-to-Point

Kate and I were in Saco for Noah's Walk, which raises awareness and funds for infant loss, a cause near and dear to a friend of ours. Glad to participate and I also combined it with my workout. That was brilliant. I simply ran home afterwards.

Given that I went from near the coast to inland, there was a gradual uphill for much of the way home. Nothing drastic, but still a good workout. Great scenery as well, full of pastoral farms with rolling hills. The grass is still green, so combined with the fall foliage it was especially scenic.

Kept the pace easy and it went pretty well. The rest day yesterday did me some good. Glad I did so to charge up the legs and energy a bit. It's one thing to push through tired legs and low energy in the heart of a training cycle, but during a ramp up phase I think it's important to not be a hero. The cape has to be earned first.

Ran 13.4 miles @ 8:21/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Lower to mid 60s, partly cloudy.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

No comments: