Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Capital Idea

I was up in Augusta all day working with the Department of Education on some curriculum stuff. Very productive and worthwhile, but in our last hour of work my brain had clearly turned to orange jello. I was quite ready to go for a run.

I changed at the Statehouse once we were done and set out from there. I explored the river trail which turned out to be awesome! Paved path that goes right along the Kennebec River for miles and miles. Ran down for a little over five and headed back. Very scenic and fun to explore.

Extremely warm again today. I suspect that had something to do with my legs feeling very heavy at first. But as the run went on, it got better. Far from spry, but better. Cooler temps tomorrow (w00t).

Ran 10.5 miles @ 7:45/mile pace.
Paved paths.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 80s, sunny.
Saucony Kinvara 2, shorts, short sleeved shirt, handheld bottle (water).

3 comments:

Running With The Girls said...

Woo hoo! You ran on my fave rail trail ever!

unstrung said...

Ooh cool, I was on Rail Trail just a few days ago. Glad you dug it as well. I used to live right next to it and ran there allllll the time. There is a really cool 5k held on said trail, in September, at sunrise. Highly recommended. Biiig uphill at end, great for passing roadies/flatties. :>

middle.professor said...

next time you're in Augusta go run the Bond Brook trails behind the cemetary next to the airport. Similar design to Pineland. There are some decent climbs. Like Pineland these are ski trails but make great running. I think there are singletrack trails there as well but I haven't run those. There is a 10 mile Bond Brook trail race in the fall.