Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Barefoot Beach Run


Nearly 50 degrees at the coast. Low tide in the afternoon. It's not tourist season yet. What does that spell?! BEACH RUN!

I sent out an email to the Trail Monsters to see if anyone wanted to join me this afternoon and I was thankful that some were able to make it. Nate, Jeff and I set out at Pine Point for the starting point. Blaine and Erin were supposed to join us but they were MIA for the moment.

About a half a mile in Jeff's achilles was barking at him and he did the smart thing and turned around. Nathan and I wished him well and trekked on. We went down to the planned mini-tidal stream and turned around.

Shortly after we began the return, we saw Blaine. Ah, there he was. He was late but it worked out well as it would get him close to his seven miles for his 1 More Mile for Sunshine challenge. Beastly.

Good run. Felt great to run barefoot. The whole barefoot movement had gotten so darn trendy and now many roll their eyes at it as a result, but doing it from time to time along with running in lower profile shoes has worked out very well for me and I have no plans to change things.

Ran 8.1 miles @ 8:44/mile pace.
Beaches with packed sand.
Flat.
Upper 40s, sunny, breezy.
Barefoot, shorts, short sleeved shirt, long sleeved shirt, cap.

3 comments:

mindy said...

Awesome run, wish I could have joined you guys!

Jamie Anderson said...

We missed you out there, Mindy!

unstrung said...

beach beach beach. w00t. SPRING.