Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Dueling the Sun

81F/27C outside. That's pretty much a typical high temperature for late July/early August here in Maine, but in March? And the next two days are supposed to be even warmer? C'mon, man!

I'll go ahead and blame my craptastic tempo run on the heat. Seriously. I'm just not acclimated to it yet and I felt reeeeeally out of sync. My stride just felt off and I was getting some side stitches that were annoying. I also don't think I drank enough water during the day. 

I had planned on six miles at tempo but called it good at five. Bummer, but I felt it was the right call. Splits were 6:45, 6:25, 6:31, 6:44, 6:44 and it was more work than it should have been. Cooled down for about 2.5 miles and called it good. 

Easy days for the next three days and then a long MP run on Saturday. 

Ran 5.0 miles @ 6:39/mile pace. 
c/d Ran 2.5 miles @ 8:07/mile pace. 
Paved roads. 
Moderately hilly. 
Lower 80s, sunny. 
Brooks Mach 13, shorts, short sleeved shirt. 

1 comment:

Jeremy Bonnett said...

Yeah man it was hot out there with some sluggish blood. Only 65 here but man it was toasty!

Great job getting those splits in at least.