Friday, March 23, 2012

Easy Miles

Another easy day on tap. Weather was much better today, but the legs still felt a bit heavy. Not as bad as yesterday, but still enough to worry me about how I'll do with tomorrow's hard workout. We'll see. Hopefully the even cooler weather will help, but I suspect it's more my legs simply being tired.

Today was really two back-to-back runs. The first two miles were on roads and I ran with a teacher who is new to running. He did great! After that, I hit some hilly, technical trails for another four and half miles. That was good fun. Ran up the ridge to the apple orchard and explored the trails up there for a little bit and then headed back.

Ran 2.0 miles @ 9:44/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.

Ran 4.5 miles @ 9:38/mile pace.
Rail trails and rugged technical trails.
Very hilly.

Lower 70s, sunny, windy.
New Balance MT110, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

1 comment:

mindy said...

Nice work Jamie - you've really listened to your body and these easy miles will let your legs come back around. Awesome that you got to help out a new runner, too :D