Tuesday, February 07, 2012

New Trail Shoes

New Balance MT110
My new trail shoes arrived today: New Balance MT110s. They fit the criteria I was looking for: low heel lift (4mm), lightweight (7.7 ounces), and a decent rock plate that still allowed for flexibility. What's nice is that the heel lift and weight are identical to the Saucony Kinvara 2's that I use for roads. Took them out for a spin in the woods out back this afternoon and they felt great.

I used the Yaktrax Pros for added traction on the snow and ice (second time using them) and those performed very well again. However, the trails were about 10% bare and no snow is expected anytime soon. Tempting to think winter is over but we're still in early February so that's dangerous thinking at this point. 

Run itself went great. Relatively fast trail conditions. Legs are feeling great and the energy was really high today, so keeping the pace easy was kinda tough. Happy the recovery from Sunday is going well. 

Ran 7.7 miles @ 9:09/mile pace. 
Trails, packed snow (10% bare ground). 
Very hilly. 
Upper 30s, sunny. 
New Balance MT110 w/ Yaktrax Pros, long tights, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, cap. 

3 comments:

Andrew said...

First, snowshoes. Result? NO SNOW.

Now, trail shoes. Result??

Careful with what you buy!

Jamie Anderson said...

Perhaps because I bought the new trail shoes we'll actually get some snow? If that spin is true, then I'll welcome it! :-)

pathfinder said...

MT110s....Is that a new color?
Yeah, I haven't put on my snowshoes once this winter.
I suspect we will have 5 feet in March