Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mission Aborted

The plan to get in a session of downhill repeats was a bust today. It was weird. I set out to the hill I had in mind but wasn't feeling that great from the get go. The legs felt great, not heavy at all or anything, but yet I didn't have much energy. In fact, I felt a little dizzy. I made it to the hill, decided to listen to my body, and just turned around and came home.

I was a bit bummed but then I went over my training logs and realized that I haven't had a rest day in nine days and over that stretch I've run 92.6 miles. When I saw that I thought, "Oh. Duh. No wonder." That's a pretty good stretch for me. I'm probably just a bit run down and could benefit from a rest day as well as a very light and easy day on Friday, so that's the plan. No worries.

Ran 7.1 miles @ 8:18/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 50s, sunny.
Saucony Kinvara 2, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

1 comment:

unstrung said...

sweet baby jeezus. that is so damn many miles. glad you didn't get all nazi about the scheduled plan; sometimes ya just gotta let it go. and instead of a rest day i think maybe it's time for an eating day.