Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Long Day

An after work meeting ran a bit long. I always find these meetings quite difficult. The reason is likely related to this little factoid about teachers: We make more decisions every day than every profession out there except one, which is air traffic controllers. As a result, after a normal day of teaching my brain usually feels like a bowl of orange jello. Capping off the work day with a long meeting isn't always easy, but of course, they are a necessary evil at times.

Anywho, a run right after work usually clears my head and rejuvenates me. It's a big reason why I like to run in the afternoons after work. Today was no different. It was especially nice since I just had a recovery day on tap and I could take it easy and just let the mind wander.

Thinking of a somewhat unorthodox version of hill repeats tomorrow. It should be pretty sweet. No meetings scheduled tomorrow either.

Ran 7.0 miles @ 8:38/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 30s, overcast.
Saucony Kinvara 2, long tights, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves (off and on).

2 comments:

Running With The Girls said...

Running after school is the best therapy ever. I do hate having afterschool meetings because they cut into my running time! I find myself not paying attention to the meeting at all and just obsessing about running. I'm pathetic, I know.

B. Jarosz said...

I snuck a run in on my lunch break (morning teaching, mid-day meetings, night teaching). Normally I plan my workouts so I run on my non-teaching days but I needed a change of scenery. Best hour I spent all week!