Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Long Day

An after work meeting ran a bit long. I always find these meetings quite difficult. The reason is likely related to this little factoid about teachers: We make more decisions every day than every profession out there except one, which is air traffic controllers. As a result, after a normal day of teaching my brain usually feels like a bowl of orange jello. Capping off the work day with a long meeting isn't always easy, but of course, they are a necessary evil at times.

Anywho, a run right after work usually clears my head and rejuvenates me. It's a big reason why I like to run in the afternoons after work. Today was no different. It was especially nice since I just had a recovery day on tap and I could take it easy and just let the mind wander.

Thinking of a somewhat unorthodox version of hill repeats tomorrow. It should be pretty sweet. No meetings scheduled tomorrow either.

Ran 7.0 miles @ 8:38/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 30s, overcast.
Saucony Kinvara 2, long tights, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves (off and on).


Jen said...

Running after school is the best therapy ever. I do hate having afterschool meetings because they cut into my running time! I find myself not paying attention to the meeting at all and just obsessing about running. I'm pathetic, I know.

B. Jarosz said...

I snuck a run in on my lunch break (morning teaching, mid-day meetings, night teaching). Normally I plan my workouts so I run on my non-teaching days but I needed a change of scenery. Best hour I spent all week!