Saturday, February 04, 2012

10K Test Run

Woke up feeling better than the previous few days. Not quite fully over the head cold, but substancial progress nonetheless. Set out for a 10K test run on some hills. Went well. Easy at first but I let the pace come down a little in the second half. Worth noting I got a good assist from Sir Isaac Newton at that point, as it was pretty much all downhill from there.

Good run and it was encouraging. Feeling better about tomorrow's MWC 10-Miler. Not sure I'll be quite 100%, but I feel comfortable enough to floor it and give it my best.

Ran 6.2 miles @ 7:18/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Mid 30s, partly cloudy.
Saucony Kinvara 2, long tights, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

2 comments:

Grellan said...

Glad to hear you're over the cold Jamie. Best of luck at the MCW 10.

mindy said...

Floor it! Glad you're feeling better :)