Saturday, February 04, 2012

10K Test Run

Woke up feeling better than the previous few days. Not quite fully over the head cold, but substancial progress nonetheless. Set out for a 10K test run on some hills. Went well. Easy at first but I let the pace come down a little in the second half. Worth noting I got a good assist from Sir Isaac Newton at that point, as it was pretty much all downhill from there.

Good run and it was encouraging. Feeling better about tomorrow's MWC 10-Miler. Not sure I'll be quite 100%, but I feel comfortable enough to floor it and give it my best.

Ran 6.2 miles @ 7:18/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Mid 30s, partly cloudy.
Saucony Kinvara 2, long tights, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.


Grellan said...

Glad to hear you're over the cold Jamie. Best of luck at the MCW 10.

mindy said...

Floor it! Glad you're feeling better :)