Wednesday, February 01, 2012

A Glass of White Whine



Yesterday was a planned rest day. That was difficult, given that I suspect enough snow had fallen by the afternoon to cover up the bare patches on the trails, making it okay to snowshoe. I bought new Dion's a week or so ago, and this would have been my first good chance to use them. Under normal circumstances, I'd say to heck with the rest day and go out for a short jaunt. I was feeling like total crap, however, thanks to a nasty head cold so I stayed true to the planned rest day.

And now today, it's 40 degrees and the sun is shining. In fact, as I type this, a bright sunbeam is threatening to blind me if I move my head a few inches to the right. It would be a great day to run. But no. While the head cold feels better than yesterday and the temptation is great, it was better to take another day off as I don't feel I'm good enough to go just yet without risking a set back. #$%@!!!!

I suspect I'll be good to go tomorrow. Better now than race day on Sunday for the Mid-Winter 10-Mile Classic, I suppose.

End of whining...

6 comments:

Andrew said...

Is that instrument playing "My Heart Bleeds for You"?

Jeremy Bonnett said...

I laughed out loud

Sparkplug said...

Feel better. You'll be happy for the rest come Sunday when you have a great race!!

unstrung said...

Glad you are doing some resting and not trying to push through it. Feel better soon! Here is some extreme violin weirdness/awesomeness to transition you away from violin tiny-ness. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK8R19KGcSE&list=FL2zKf4SEUmp3EhpUEhzP6xg&index=7&feature=plpp_video

David said...

Your disciplne in the most frequently ignored aspects of a training program (following through with planned rest days, making sure to cool-down, proper stretching) has really shone through in your posts over the past several weeks. Great example to set. You're going to rock Boston brother!

P.S-I dig that you give no indication of the %#$*-bomb that you dropped in the second paragraph. Now I'm curious to know...

Lalaith Means Laughter said...

AWESOME..I so thought this was about alcohol and then I saw the little violin and laughed out loud...my new Dions are in my tree fort closet...unused...I bought them to train with for the Peak 100 snowshoe race...I wonder if I will be running the snowshoe race March 3! I will be sending "snowy thoughts" your way : )