Friday, February 12, 2010

Winter Olympics Medal Count Prediction

I am seriously pumped for the Winter Olympics. Big time. It is great timing since the opening ceremonies are tonight and we are also on winter break so I have all of next week off. Yessir, the TV will be on quite a bit.

I'm looking forward to all of the events (except figure skating), but especially the biathlon and XC ski events. All of the experts are saying the highest total medal count will once again belong to Germany. That could very well be true, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict the following:

1. Norway
2. Germany
3. Canada
4. USA
5. Russia

Why Norway? Historically, they're due. Also, they have this guy competing in a handful of events:



Petter Northug is just a bad ass.

Speaking of skiing, I'm entered in a 10k race of my own tomorrow. Opted to take a rest day today as a result. I had no idea the race was still on until my friend Jeff (he's the RD) emailed me last night and said it was still a go. Due to this being the suckiest winter ever, there's hardly any snow around, so this was a nice surprise. I'm not anticipating doing very well as I'm not a proficient skate skier and am still learning, but I'm stoked to have the chance to do a race and will no doubt have a blast!

2 comments:

Sparkplug said...

Good luck tomorrow Jamie! Have fun and can't wait to hear all about it!!

Kim said...

Good luck tomorrow Jamie! I love the Olympics and can't wait to watch some of it this weekend. Can't wait to hear about how your 10K went.