Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hair of the Dog That Bit You

Yesterday, 50k. Today, 5k. Purpose was recovery. I often find it very helpful to do just a few miles at a very slow pace the day after a big run, so long as I am able. Loosens the legs up and helps flush muscle waste. Speeds up recovery, but only if one doesn't push it.

I stepped outside and Neighbor Kate was there, about to begin her run. Ran a little over a mile with her until she turned off on the snowmobile trails, and I went on with my planned road route.

Today was also warm. Happily ran in the Vibram Five Fingers. Another gorgeous day on tap for tomorrow, but alas, I'll be returning to work after having the last week off, and it'll be a busy one with a long committee meeting following the school day, so will probably take a rest day.

Good end to the week, which consisted of 53.8 miles running, 8.0 kilometers skate skiing, and a good session of indoor rock climbing.

Ran 3.1 miles @ 9:41/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
40 degrees, sunny.
VFF Sprints, shorts, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, cap.

2 comments:

bricey said...

sounds like you've come up with a new off-road triathlon event - long distance run combined with some skiing and rock climbing!! :)

Well done on yesterdays run. Sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

It was fun to bump into you today and have some company for the start of my run! And I was glad I was all bundled up. It took me so long to run, it started to get really chilly by the time I got back home.