Tuesday, February 16, 2010

More Trail Exploration

Headed out a little earlier than I normally might when I have the day off, as I wanted to beat the snow. Unfortunately, what's currently on the radar doesn't look very impressive. Hopefully we'll get enough to make for some better skiing tomorrow.

As for the run, went well. Took things slow and explored some of the trails on parts of the abandoned railroad bed I hadn't been on before. Found a side trail that led off the bed and into the woods.

That was going fine, and I hoped it'd take me to the powerline trails, but alas, I ignored a detour and ended up having to bushwack through the woods in unbroken snow. I thought I was heading towards the powerlines but I ended up doing a lollipop loop and ended up back to where I had originally veered off from the railroad bed. Decided to just head back at that point, as I would have the mileage I was going for.

Ran 8.1 miles @ 9:26/mile pace.
Trails, coated with ice and thin snow. Some bare patches.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 20s, overcast.
Brooks Cascadia 3 (screw shoes), long pants, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt, beanie.

No comments: