Monday, February 08, 2010

More Railroad Beds

Ran on the abandoned railroad bed from the school again today, but this time went in the other direction that goes toward my house.

Went well, but there are a few sections of snowmobile trails, and on one of them I took the wrong trail and had to bushwack over a few tenths of a mile. This was through unbroken snow (nice to know there is still about a foot worth in the woods) and around a bog. That put a dent in my overall pace.

Other than that, pretty uneventful run. As I got close to the school, I encountered a woman walking two daschunds. They weren't leashed, and tried to give chase. Emphasis on the word "tried". This was quite comical.

Ran 11.2 miles @ 9:37/mile pace.
Trails, coated with ice and thin snow. A few bare patches. One short section of bushwacking.
Moderately hilly.
Upper 20s, partly cloudy, windy.
Brooks Cascadia 3 (screw shoes), long pants, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: