Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Running and Climbing

Old Man Winter has once again thumbed his nose at New England, so our plans to go cross country skiing were aborted after we were expected to get up to a foot of snow but literally only got an inch. By the end of the day it was gone.

So, plan B was in place and I met up with Lily at the Back Cove for a couple of laps. First lap I felt really sluggish, but things clicked into place more on the second one. I think the sluggishness was the result of a bad diet the past day or two. I need to do better on that front, especially with race season inching closer.

Afterwards, we hit the Maine Rock Gym to get in some indoor climbing. Lily is an avid rock climber with lots of experience. I am not. That being said, I did better than I thought I would. I was here about three years ago and I did a lot better today compared to back then. There was one climb that went beyond vertical and had some tricky handholds that I couldn't get. Next time. Oh yes. Next time.

Ran 7.3 miles @ 7:38/mile pace.
Trails, all dirt and hard packed.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 30s, sunny.
Asics Trail Attacks, long pants, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie.

2 comments:

Scout said...

Your own duathalon!

Kim said...

Jamie, I was convinced you would all get some decent snow for this last storm. It's funny when DC has more snow than Maine!

Sounds like you had a good run. Congrats on the rock climbing too. I've always wanted to try that (even have one close by), but just haven't yet.