Friday, February 06, 2009

Active Release Therapy

Well, a lot of the tightness and discomfort related to plantar fasciitis has returned a bit over the past few days. I've had far worse flare-ups, but still, it's enough to bring on the frustration. So, I'm going to give active release therapy a try. I've made an appointment here for Thursday of next week. I've been hearing a lot of good things about ART from runners lately, but I'm a bit beat down mentally as far as getting my hopes up for a silver bullet. Hopefully this will do some good though.

Run today was pretty blech. I just had no energy, so I cut it short. Not a big deal though. I think I'll be good for some bigger runs this weekend (but nothing crazy). At least the weather is supposed to warm up into the 40s on Sunday. Woohoo!

Ran 3.5 miles @ 8:45/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 144/155
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 20s, sunny.
Long pants, fleece jacket, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

6 comments:

Runner NYC said...

I've had ART and it worked really well for me. I hope it works for you!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

geesh just can't shake it huh, I sincerely hope it's not that T word to heal this thing up but it might be ....

might just take some "T"ime :-)

hope ART can speed up the process.

mindy said...

I've heard good things about ART as well, I'll be interested to hear how it goes. Keep up the mental strength, I know how you're feeling.

Laurel said...

Good luck with the A.R.T. Just a suggestion, look into Graston tecnique, similar to ART but more aggressive (and kind of painful) Take it from someone who's feet and ankles were so scarred and calcified that she couldn't get her heels down on the ground when she walked or ran...and can now run like a 20-year-old (OK, maybe not a 20-year-old, but still....)http://www.grastontechnique.com/Graston_Technique.html

Garry said...

I hope this works for you. Don't get frustrated, something is bound to work.

Ryan said...

best wishes hope that provides some relief....that mt. hope run yesterday sounds fun