Tuesday, February 17, 2009

First Run with the Heel Lift

I was curious how today's run would feel since it's my first one while using a heel lift for the shorter right leg. The heel lift itself is about two and a half pennies tall (laying flat, obviously). It is a bit noticeable, but it feels comfortable.

Perhaps it's psychosomatic, but my gait felt a bit more balanced. I would only really notice the heel lift and/or my gait when I thought about it, but it did feel different while still being comfortable.

Only time will tell if the heel lift, along with the ART, new foot exercises and stretching regiments will make a difference, but I feel good about it. Hopefully the wheels will stay on this time. But chalk today up as a success as I felt good out there. Pace picked up as I got warmed up (though that coincided with many downhill sections).Felt good all around, especially on the uphills.

Ran 8.5 miles @ 8:08/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 158/172
Paved and dirt roads.
Very hilly.
Upper 20s, sunny.
Long pants, fleece jacket, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves (off and on).


1 comment:

Grellan said...

Looking good. Onwards and upwards.

How high is a penny these days? and where can you spend one?