Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Just Go

Today was one of those long days when my work day ended and I felt even more mentally exhausted than usual. I nearly nixed my run as a result, coming up with every excuse I could think of not to head out. Finally I decided I was just being stupid, told myself "just go", changed clothes, and was off.

Took it easy on the pace, and limited the course I was doing to a few loops near the school I teach at to avoid roads that are still a bit messy from the snow storm a few days ago. My water is running again at home though, so at least I can shower again.

Rest day tomorrow, which coincides with another ART session. Progress continues to go well. I still feel the PF from time to time, so I'm not out of the woods yet. But all in due time and it has definitely lessened overall.

Ran 6.8 miles @ 8:23/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 148/164
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 30s, sunny.
Long pants, fleece jacket, short sleeved shirt, beanie.


Thomas said...

Things definitely seem to be going into the right direction!

Is the ART treatment painful?

Jamie said...

Thomas - I'd describe it more as uncomfortable, rather than painful. It's not that bad, really.