Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Just Go

Today was one of those long days when my work day ended and I felt even more mentally exhausted than usual. I nearly nixed my run as a result, coming up with every excuse I could think of not to head out. Finally I decided I was just being stupid, told myself "just go", changed clothes, and was off.

Took it easy on the pace, and limited the course I was doing to a few loops near the school I teach at to avoid roads that are still a bit messy from the snow storm a few days ago. My water is running again at home though, so at least I can shower again.

Rest day tomorrow, which coincides with another ART session. Progress continues to go well. I still feel the PF from time to time, so I'm not out of the woods yet. But all in due time and it has definitely lessened overall.

Ran 6.8 miles @ 8:23/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 148/164
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 30s, sunny.
Long pants, fleece jacket, short sleeved shirt, beanie.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Things definitely seem to be going into the right direction!

Is the ART treatment painful?

Jamie Anderson said...

Thomas - I'd describe it more as uncomfortable, rather than painful. It's not that bad, really.