Friday, November 10, 2006

That's Better

Ran 10.2 miles @ 7:36/mile pace.

The past three days have been full of anticipation for the tendons/ligaments in the back of my left knee to heal up to a point where I felt comfortable running. I first felt it on Monday when I got up suddenly from sitting cross-legged on my stool while teaching. It was never a sharp pain, but its prominence was enough to keep me off it for a few days as a precaution.

Anyway, I woke up this morning and still felt it a little, so I figured I'd start the run slowly and see how it felt. I did the first two miles in 7:54 and 7:51 respectively. I could feel it a little, but it wasn't noticeably affecting my gait and it wasn't getting any worse. I picked up the third mile on a steady uphill at 7:14 and the knee still felt fine, but I decided to back off a little anyway.

All in all a good run considering I had been out for the past three days. Weather was unseasonably warm this morning with temps in the lower 50s and sunny skies.

1 comment:

Love2Run said...

You're really cruising on the daily runs. And your marathon pace is...? Good on you!