Sunday, November 26, 2006

Nice End to a High Mileage Week

Ran 11.1 miles @ 7:40/mile pace. Paved roads. Very hilly.
Weather: Sunny, temps in lower 40s, rising to upper 40s.

Weekly Total: 80.1 miles

I've finally gotten my mileage up, and I'm really happy to crack 80 miles for my weekly total. During the summer, I managed to have several weeks with totals well in the 60s, but with tapering down for an ultra and also a marathon this fall, along with subsequent recovery periods, getting my mileage up hasn't been very prudent.

What's great is that I, well, feel great. I don't feel banged up, overly tired or sore. Granted, I took it somewhat easy this past week with my pace, but it's still nice to know I can do this kind of mileage. Even better and most importantly, it should help me with my goal to BQ this February. I just need to have more weeks like this, along with some tempo workouts.

As for today's run itself, climbing the hills was a bit mentally though, but physically it was quite easy. Running on flat terrain the past several days was no doubt the reason. But my pace held steady and my legs were far from yelling at me to stop as they have on occasion in the past.

Also worth noting, my last rest day was nine days ago. I'm not sure how long I'll keep that streak going, but I also don't feel worn down. I'll just play it by ear.

No comments: