Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A Tale of Two Runs

Tuesday - Ran 7.1 miles @ 8:07/mile pace. Paved roads, very hilly.

Today - Ran 14.0 miles @ 7:41/mile pace. Paved paths, very flat.

Tuesday
I did this run after work and before I traveled down to Jersey for Thanksgiving. I took it easy and treated it as a true recovery run, which was smart and I think my body was grateful, especially given the hills on this route. Afterwards, I changed and made the long drive.

Today
I woke up this morning, not immediately aware of where I was. After getting my bearings and slurping down a pot of coffee and a light breakfast, I drove over to the park that I used to run and walk the dogs at when I lived down here several years ago. The plan was to run between 8-10 miles, but the temptation to cover every path in the park was too great and it bumped my mileage up to 14 even. Very flat terrain, but still far from boring. This park is one of the few nice places in Jersey.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

MB said...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!