Monday, November 06, 2006

A Run to Hash Things Out

Ran 1.7 miles @ 7:37/mile pace.

I wasn't going to run today, as Mondays are usually my rest days. But I remembered this morning (in somewhat of a panic) that I'm hosting a tech update Thursday afternoon and won't be able to run then. So, I figured I'd try to run today and make Thursday my rest day. I was originally shooting for 5.0 miles, but once I started I got to thinking: "You know, this isn't very smart. I'm just going to tire myself out during the week by not healing up after yesterday's 20-miler, and I'll just get frustrated with my performances."

And then, a revolution hit me...

"Wait a minute... I have Friday off. I can cut this run short now, still take Thursday off, and run a double or a longer run on Friday."

Perfect.

Looking ahead: Tuesday: 5.0 miles, Wednesday 10.7 miles, Thursday off, Friday - likely a double that includes a tempo run, Saturday - 10 miles, Sunday 10-miles.

No comments: