Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Rail Trails and Brook Trout

Ran from the school today for the first time in a while. For the past month, I've been opting to just head home and run the trails from my house since they have more to offer. That being said, was looking forward to changing things up a bit and hit the rail trails from work.

Had planned on eight miles but was feeling good so opted for ten. Run went well with a loose progression throughout. Legs are feeling great, looking forward to the 50-miler in a week and a half. Main goal is to break my PR on that course (8:23:37), which should be doable. Will go for a sub-8, which I think is possible but I'll need a good day.

On a totally non-running related note, had a really good day fly fishing yesterday. Caught four brookies. After I caught the one in the pic below, on the very next cast I caught a 14" one that put up a good fight. Decided to take that one home for dinner. Quite good.

One of the four I caught, this one using a nymph imitation.
Despite how the pic may look, my grip was quite gentle. 
Ran 10.4 miles @ 8:19/mile pace.
Rail trails.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 60s, partly cloudy to overcast.
Saucony Kinvara TR, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

1 comment:

Scout said...

nice fish :D