Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Bruised Ribs

So, the ribs haven't gotten much better since Monday. They're definitely bruised pretty good. Not exactly a comfortable feeling, especially when trying to sleep at night.

However, today's run was encouraging. A very good amount of discomfort at first but it dissipated significantly as the run went on. Hopefully the same will hold true for the 50-miler on Sunday. I'll just hike up my big boy pants and deal with it, but I suspect I'll be fine.

Funny moment at the end of the run. A former cross country runner who graduated two years ago was on a run and approaching from the opposite way, yelling my name at the top of his lungs when he saw me. I was excited to see him also, but was not about to embrace him in the big bear hug that he was about to give. I yelled "Bruised ribs!!" at least four times while pointing to my side before it sunk in and he lowered his arms. Whew.

Pace is guesstimated as Kate has my GPS watch but I know the distance is accurate.

Ran 6.2 miles @ 7:55/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 50s, overcast, humid.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: