Thursday, May 02, 2013

Hill Repeats

52F/11C is pretty balmy in the winter, but after a bit of a warm spell here this spring it felt pretty darn cold, at least at first, especially with a light rain falling. That was quickly remedied after the warm-up run and the hill repeats began in the woods out back.

Just did four reps. Wanted to save my legs for a pretty rugged run I have planned on Saturday. Each climb was a smidgen under 7/10 of a mile and had 148 feet of gain. Didn't time each split, though I wish I had. Oh well.

The repeats were also a great way to break in the new Saucony Kinvara TRs. They felt awesome and should serve me well on the trails this spring/summer.


Ran 7.9 miles @ 8:38/mile pace. Includes 2.5 miles total of w/u and c/d.
Trails.
Very hilly.
Lower 50s, overcast, light rain.
Saucony Kinvara TR, shorts, long sleeved shirt.

No comments: