Sunday, May 12, 2013

Recovery Run in the Rain

Woke up at dawn (4:30am) and decided to be a bit productive. Got a lot of work done on the portfolio for my creative writing class, the equivalent of our final exam. After that and a couple of Americanos, I laced up and hit the trails.

Pace was very easy, though I was pretty amazed...and pleased...at how my legs felt after yesterday's long run. Legs only felt a wee bit tired and there was no soreness at all. Still, kept the pace very slow and just enjoyed it.

Light rain had just began when I started and picked up to a moderate fall. Then at about halfway it ended. I was hoping for rain during the long run yesterday, but nice to get it today. Feels good to run in with it being warm out.

50.2 miles for the week. Still planning on very light running the next two weeks leading up to Pineland. Maybe just upper 20s for mileage this upcoming week and mid-teens the next.

Ran 5.4 miles @ 9:51/mile pace.
Trails.
Mostly flat.
Around 60 degrees, overcast, light to moderate rain then humid.
Nike Waffle Racer VIII, shorts, short sleeved shirt (shed halfway).

No comments: