Monday, May 20, 2013

Case of the Mondays

Pretty meh run today. I think I definitely bruised a few ribs yesterday stuffing cardboard boxes into a tall container, only to have it slide out sideways and I fell with it. My right ribcage landed on the edge of another container pretty hard.

Not a big deal. It has a dull ache that I didn't feel any more than usual when running and it feels better than yesterday. Still, a bit distracting. Plus it was humid out and I was just plain tired from kind of a long day. None of that added up to much good, apparently.

A bright note though, stopped at a stream and watched trout hitting hatching caddis flies on the surface. Despite running past this stream literally hundreds of times, I haven't fished it yet. Might have to soon after seeing that.

Rest day tomorrow, per the taper. Yep, I think I'll go fly fishing.

Ran 3.8 miles @ 9:48/mile pace.
Trails.
Very hilly.
Mid 70s, partly cloudy, humid.
Saucony Kinvara TR, shorts, short sleeved shirt.


No comments: